Monday, July 20, 2009

Paradise 2009

13 aunts and uncles.

22 cousins.

14 great grand kids.

4 bedrooms.

1 tent.

lots of blow up air mattresses.

boating.

crafts.

Spitznagels.

Welcome to Paradise Week Survivor Style.
(I took this off of Ju's face book page)

The chicks (adult female cousins) planed the games and activities and kept the kiddos busy. We each were assigned to teams, had an obstacle course, melt down contest (spider in an ice cube), ice bath, dance off, talent show, pie eating contest, and a trip to the library in Jeffersonville to see Crocodile Colleen with Silly Safari. Aunt Sandy and Grandma Fisher were in charge of crafts where the kids made stamp t-shirts to complement our cute jungles shorts (Emily's mother made-thanks Ralph), clay pots complete with jungle vines, slime, necklace/bracelets, and jungle hats.

Hunter, Hayley and I stayed all week and Brian came up almost every night for dinner on his way to work. We spent lots of time on the boat tubing and swimming. Hunter knee-boarded on the last day-he could of done this earlier in the week but I was afraid he would wipe out and be done with the water for good. He is a natural! I had to laugh--he got up on the second try and now thinks he is big enough to knee board behind Ju Ju and Joel's boat, the SQUID! *Hunter thinks its soo cool to call a boat by its name**

Brian was all talk and said that he couldn't get thrown off the tube so one night after dinner this was our entertainment--I think he lasted all of 6 seconds! You would think he has been around long enough that my Uncles will find a way to make this come true. I don't know who was laughing harder me or Joel. It was pretty funny to watch--I will try to post the video on here. To top it all off, Dad just had to try and tube as well. I tried to tell him that he is older, has a steel hip, and over weight, but he didn't listen. I do think he stayed on longer then Brian, but we went slower--when he did get thrown off he did a quadruple flip--that was priceless

Hayley loved to tube with all her cousins--she is not as adventurous as her Daddy or Grandpa, thank goodness, and is content with the tube and swimming in the river. Just for a note I DID get in and swim with the kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment