Saturday, July 18, 2009

Granny came to visit

Granny (Brian's mom) was in town the last week of June so we took advantage of that and had a fun filled day with her. We met her at Steak and Shake (my favorite place to eat) where I introduced the kids to cheese fries--there is nothing better then a big greasy hamburger and cheese fries. Since Brian absolutely hates eating there, its a rare treat for us-so what a better way to cash in!

On the kids summer list they had that they wanted to see a movie--UP in 3D was playing at Tinsletown so we took the kids. I never really thought about the kids not ever seeing or really knowing what a 3D movie is and that made it even funnier. The glasses that we got to wear we so big on them, and then seeing them trying to reach or duck at flying objects kept my laughing. It was a great movie as well!

Aunt Brenda had sent the kids Build a Bear gift cards for their birthdays back in January and we are never out near the Summit-so I made it a point to take them and let the kids finally use them. Who cares that they suppose to use them 8 months ago. It was really cool letting the kids pick out what they wanted and see them go back and for in their decisions. I told them both that they each had certain amount on their cards, so they couldn't go over that. The lady that helped us was impressed with Hunter's math skills (as most people are!) he kept adding up what he and Hayley had and kept them on budget!

Hunter decked his black lab, SPIKE, out in football gear that was complete with helmet, shoes, shirt and pants. Hayley chose a horse, Violet, (I have no idea where the name came from!)and but a High School Musical shirt and skirt on her. I almost forgot that she bought her horse a cell phone too--I asked her if this is the next Mr. Ed and she had no idea what I was talking about and told me that I was old. (I do miss all the good ole' shows from when we were little!)
We met up with Grandma and Grandpa Farnsley, Uncle Doug, Darla and Daddy for dinner at King Fish on the river. The weather was nice and Hayley even talked Darla into going to the playground after dinner! What a great way to end the day!
Hunter and Spike

Hayley and Violet

Yummy....cheese....fries


Granny, Hunter, Great-Grandma Farnsley, Hayley


Hayley, Granny, Hunter

Hayley and Hunter in their 3D glasses


Hunter, Great- Grandma Farnsley, Hayley


No comments:

Post a Comment